FAQ Header

What measures is BHA taking to protect students during the COVID 19 pandemic?

At Barcelona Hair Academy we are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our students and clients

  • Our whole academy is disinfected regularly and all working spaces are sanitised before and after classes
  • Sanitising gel is available throughout the academy and must be used on entering the space.
  • All tools are disinfected after every use
  • It is obligatory to use a mask while in the academy space.
  • We maintain a safe distance between students, teachers and/or models.

What happens if there is a lockdown again?

If the course you are enrolled on is affected by natonal/local closures the course will be postponed and new dates will be offered to you as soon as possible. We do not offer refunds in this case but we will be as flexible as necessary to ensure you do not miss out on any education.

How do I get my NIE number (or residents permit)?

  • If you stay in Barcelona for longer than three months (and if you want to work) you are required to register as a resident in Barcelona. When you do this you will be given an NIE number (Foreign Identity Number). There are a number of organisations that can help you with this. We highly recommend talking to Veronika at https://www.niebarcelona.com

Can you help me to get a student Visa?

  • If you come from outside the EU you will require a Student Visa to stay in Barcelona for longer than 90 days. You must have Visa before you come to Spain (typically in your country of birth).  It is essential that you speak to the Spanish Consulate in your country prior to applying to study with BHA. They will be able to inform you of the conditions related to obtaining a visa for non-university based study at a private institution. We cannot provide you with that information as all countries are different. You will find a lot of useful information here:https://meet.barcelona.cat/en/study-and-research/procedures-catalonia
  • For help with your visa application, you will need register on the course (pay the 500€ matriculation fee) and pay a 150€ administration fee for help with the visa process. This last fee entitles you to an invitation letter which will be sent in English and in Spanish to present to the consulate. This documentation will be sent along with the receipts for payment by courier and this cost will be added to the final balance. Any other documentation required will imply additional administration charges.
  • If you are denied a visa before the course start date (and provides written proof of this) you will be eligible for a refund of any fees paid except for those stated above. After the course start date we cannot make any refunds.

Are all courses in English?

  • Our Beginners Course is now taught in English or Spanish! Contact us for more information about this
  • Our Professional courses are in Spanish normally but translation can be provided where necessary

Can you recommend Spanish Language Schools?

  • Although one of the Beginners Courses is in English many of the models that come to the academy speak Spanish so it’s a good idea to learn the language. Knowing spanish with especially help if you are thinking of finding work after or during your studies. Here are some great schools:

Can I work during the Beginners Hairdressing Courses?

  • The course is pretty intensive and most people find it quite tiring especially at the beginning.  If possible it’s a good idea to leave looking for a job until later on in the course but of course if you need to that’s no problem.
  • We have many many contacts in the city and if you’d like to work we can help!
  • Remember you will need a valid work permit to work in the city if you are from outside the EU. More information about that can be found here: https://meet.barcelona.cat/en/study-and-research/procedures-catalonia

Do I have to wear a uniform for the Beginners Hairdressing Courses?

  • There is no uniform but the the dress code is blue denim or black.

Is there work experience during the Beginners Hairdressing Courses?

  • Each student must carry out a minimum of 25 hours external work experience outside of the school timetable. This is organised for you by BHA.

Do we get time off during the Beginners Hairdressing Courses?

  • The academy closes for 3 weeks at Christmas and 1 month in August. These are the only holidays apart from the official local Bank Holidays/Festivos.

What is the timetable for the Beginners Hairdressing Courses?

  • Monday to Friday 09-45-15.00
  • Monday to Friday 14-45-20.00

What qualification do I get when I finish the Beginners Hairdressing Courses?

  • At BHA you can obtain the NVQ Level 3 (issued by ITEC: http://www.itecworld.co.uk/) in record time in the heart of Barcelona. Our unique method combining practice with real models from the start (provided by us) and small classes will enable you to become a fully trained hairdresser in record time.  Once qualified you will be able to work anywhere in Europe (or any other affiliated countries) or even open your own salon.

What is the last day to apply for the Beginners Hairdressing Courses?

  • It is best to book early for any course you are interested in. Once we have reached the maximum number of students we close the registration.

Is there an age limit for the Beginners Course?

  • You must be at least 18 years old but there is no upper limit.